|Home >> R&D >> Software R&D |
|Chief Technology Officer - eCommerce (8-12 Yrs)|
| 27th Jun 2012
|| Glen Serrao
|No of Views : 614
Comments : 1
|Job ID : 1153|
|Experience :- 8 - 12|
Location :- Bangalore
Company :- E-Commerce Startup
I am looking for a CTO (Chief Technology Officer) for a new well funded, corporate backed, eCommerce Startup. In a nutshell, the job requires building a strong R&D team and leading development of the complete technology system from scratch.
The company is promoted by Founders of Spacematrix Design consultants (www.spacematrix.com), One of the top rated Design and architecture firms in the World.
The new startup will be an independent company with a very superficial affiliation with spacematrix.
The CEO of the firm will be Ms Shagufta Anurag, the founder and MD at SpaceMatrix (http://www.spacematrix.com/about-us).
The chief mentor/advisor/investor in the firm is Mr. Anurag Srivastava, current CEO of SpaceMatrix and founder MD of Jungle Ventures (http://www.jungle- ventures.com/#!people/vstc2=anurag-srivastava).
Some key benefits of working for this venture
a) Opportunity to build a business/company from scratch.
b) Opportunity to work with successful entrepreneurs/businessmen such as ones mentioned above
c) Chance to network and learn from some other great entrepreneurs and now famous VC/Angels (http://www.jungle-ventures.com/#!people )
Financial Compensation will be at par with industry. Upside (stock options) will be tied to the value of the company.
Interested candidates are kindly requested to send their CV and cover letter to only me at firstname.lastname@example.org. The details of the company and business venture will be shared with only the shortlisted candidates.
Chief Technology Officer
The Chief Technology Officer's is responsible for establishing the company's technical vision and leading all aspects of the company's technology development. Technology in our context is a robust ecommerce technology platform that can be used to deliver the company’s services. The CTO will help the founding team envision the company's service offerings as a web-based business, leading implementation of web applications, and planning for risk and growth.
· Collaborate with the company’s founders; identify opportunities and risks for delivering the company’s services as a web-based business, including identification of competitive services, opportunities for innovation, and assessment of marketplace obstacles and technical hurdles to the business success.
· Evaluate and identify appropriate technology platforms (including web application frameworks and the deployment stack) for delivering the company’s services.
· Lead strategic planning to achieve business goals by identifying and prioritizing development initiatives and setting timelines for design, development and deployment of technology systems
· Participate as a member of the senior management team in establishing governance processes of direction and control to ensure that objectives are achieved, risks are managed appropriately and the organization’s resources are used responsibly, particularly in the areas of software development, office networks and computers, and telecommunications.
· Collaborate with the appropriate departments to assess and recommend technologies that support company organizational needs.
· Communicate the company’s technology strategy to investors, management, staff, partners, customers, and stakeholders.
· Plan and lead implementation of processes and practices for internal and customer information security and privacy, disaster recovery and business continuity
Implementation and Deployment
· Plan, hire, groom and manage a star tech team; as well as manage all internal technology requirements (IT security, networking, h/w and s/w )
· Collaborate with the founders and potential customers to develop use cases (or user stories) and specifications that describe the implementation of the company’s services as a web application.
· Review current best practices for the selected web framework and establish the initial architecture for the application.
· Select or define the company’s software development methodology, Promulgate coding conventions and documentation standards
· Establish and supervise a process for quality assurance, product release, performance and fault monitoring.
· Establish and monitor a web analytics regime that measures site traffic and application usage relative to business goals.
· Select and manage outsourced vendors (including hosting and cloud computing providers) who will support part of the development and maintenance of the technology systems
· Support the marketing process by providing implementation of technical requirements for Internet marketing and search engine optimization.
· As a member of the senior management team, establish a customer service and support process, with particular responsibility for web-based services that implement the support function. Establish a process to integrate customer service and support with the software engineering process to support resolution of customer issues and improve application usability.
· Maintain up-to- date knowledge of technology standards, industry trends, emerging technologies, and software development best practices
· Share knowledge, mentor, and educate the organization’s investors, management, staff, partners, customers, and stakeholders with regard to the company’s technological vision, opportunities, and challenges.
· Develop, track, and control the development and deployment annual operating and capital budgets for purchasing, staffing, and operations.
· Supervise recruitment, training, retention, and organization of all development staff in accordance with the company hiring process, personnel policies, and budget requirements.
· Establish standards of performance and monitor conformance for staff (through performance review) and vendors (through service level agreements).
· Ensure the company’s internal technological processes and customer-facing services comply with community expectations and applicable laws and regulations for privacy, security, and social responsibility.
Education and Certification
Bachelors degree in the field of computer science or equivalent from a top notch university. Masters or PhD is a huge plus.
Knowledge and Experience
Atleast 8 years work experience in a Web 2.0 or ecommerce based setting
· Design/Architecture of end to end ecommerce technology platforms (UX, services such as shopping cart/order mgmt/catalog etc, Backend systems such as CMS, storage, Cloud based hosting etc)
· Hands-on experience coding in more than one currently popular web application framework.
· Familiar with agile software development methodology.
· Experience with UNIX system administration, web server configuration and using public cloud computing/hosting services
· Familiarity with technical requirements of Internet marketing and search engine optimization.
· Familiarity with information security vulnerabilities and risk management.
· Familiarity with consumer privacy and payments industry compliance requirements.
· Exposure to business theory, business process development, governance processes, management, budgeting, and administrative operations.